Can I pay with credit card?
No, at present we only accept bank transfer in Euros

Are your teachers certified?
Yes, all our teachers are experienced and certified for their respective courses. 

Do your teachers get professional development?
Yes, all teachers participate in professional workshops.

Do you background check your teachers?
Yes, of course! 

What about internet security and privacy?
We follow the European General Data Protection Regulation  (GDPR)

Do you offer services to companies and organisations?
Yes, by special arrangements. Please contact us for more information. 

We live in Australia. Can you teach in all time zones?
Yes, we can!

Is there any group tutoring available? 
Yes, in most time zones. Contact us for more information. 

How do you assess and evaluate the work?
For the IB courses we follow the regulations and assessment criteria set by the International Baccalaureate Organisation. In all other courses, we consistently use the European Common Framework of Reference for Languages in our work on assessment and evaluation. Level A1-A2 describes the language of a person with limited everyday language. B1 and B2 are intermediate levels where you can talk and write about most things without much effort, while levels C1 and C2 are advanced levels where you can use the language freely even in purely academic and professional contexts. The first part of the thesis course is at level B2 + / C1. Read more about language levels according to the European language framework, CEFR

I’ve heard you can get a student grant from CSN in Sweden to support these studies. What is required?
Yes, If you live abroad with your custodian(s), you can receive a study allowance for studies in that country, even if an equivalent programme is available in Sweden. In that case you do not need to have been registered as resident in Sweden for the past two years. For this to apply, one of the following conditions must be valid for at least one of your custodians:

  • He or she has been stationed abroad by a Swedish government employer.
  • He or she is employed abroad by a Swedish religious community or a body which is linked to a Swedish religious community.
  • He or she is employed abroad by a Swedish non-profit organisation that conducts international aid work.
  • He or she has received student grants and loans for studies abroad.

Learn more:


Do you offer discounts?
Yes, we provide sibling and family discounts and within families the number of teaching hours can be moved between the students. Our material can also be tailored to part-time schools and school associations. Contact us about prices, arrangements, and schedule.

I am not sure my daughter’s Swedish is her first language anymore – do you have tests to check what language level she has before we sign up for the IB Swedish A course? 
Prior to admission, all new students take a compulsory test to determine their language level. We also have an interview online with the student together with his/her custodian before final registration. 

What happens if the teacher is ill or away from work for weeks?
The teachers at Global Svenska Plus work in very close cooperation. Therefore we can find temporary solutions within our group. 

My son speaks very good Swedish and he wants to study at a university in Sweden, but he has not got a Swedish grade from high school. Can you help him?
Yes! Prior to admission, all students take a compulsory test to determine their language level, and depending on the results and the student’s ability to spend time on studying Swedish, we suggest a suitable course package.

How do I apply to Swedish university? What requirements do I have to meet? What documents do I need?
For all our IB-students, personal study counselling is included. For other students, we can offer this service at a supplementary fee.

Can I study Swedish with GSP without being an IB student? 
Yes of course. If you aim at going to a Swedish university, and need to improve your level of Swedish before you take a test like TISUS, we have packages at different levels.  

When does the school year commence and finish? 
The school year normally starts the first week of September and finishes in June.

Where can we buy the course material? 
All digital material is included in the course fee.

What digital equipment do we need? 
We prefer our students use a computer and a headset, but sometimes an iPad or equivalent is OK, too. At times smartphones are used when the students are travelling, but it is not ideal.

What is an IB bilingual diploma?
“A bilingual diploma is awarded to candidates who complete and receive a grade 3 or higher in two languages selected from the DP course studies in language and literature.
Students who gain a grade 3 or higher in studies in language and literature and a grade 3 or higher in an individuals and societies or science subject completed in a different language, will also receive the bilingual diploma.”

Read more about IB languages here